A museum dedicated to the national leader Eleftherios Venizelos is to be found at the village of Agios Georgios, on the Lassithi Plateau. The museum is housed in a renovated stone building, and the collection includes personal objects of the famous Cretan politician, such as photographs, postage stamps, books, newspaper cuttings and official documents that relate to the life and work of Eleftherios Venizelos.
In the same village one can also visit a remarkable collection of folk art, which is housed in a neighbouring traditional Cretan building.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Agios Georgios, Lasithi Plateau, Lasithi
- museum type Folk, Biography
- exhibits Personal Objects, Popular Culture, Cretan Traditional House
- type Museum
- relevant routes & paths
Tel.: +30 28440 31832, +30 2844089050
Price Ticket(€): Entrance Free