The Museum was founded in 1985 and is housed in a building which used to be the headquarters of Eleftherios Venizelos during the political movement of the Cretans that took place in 1908, targeting the Union of Crete with Greece.
Objects from that period, when Venizelos was Prime Minister of the Cretan State, can be seen in the museum. Among the exhibits are numerous photos and documents, the press where the newspaper of the movement was printed, arms, military uniforms, and personal items of the Cretan-born Greek national leader.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Therissos, Chania, Chania
- museum type Folk, Historical
- exhibits photos, maps, printer, personal items, weapons, uniforms
- type Museum
- relevant routes & paths
Summer Season: Daily (except Monday) 08:30-14:00 & 17:00-20:00
Tel.: +30 28210 93543, 28210 78838
Price Ticket: Entrance Free