The name of the Convent is connected to its citadel-type architecture and its location, making it seem like its hanging from the hillside.
According to the inscription, it was founded in 1593 by Mitrophanes Agapitos. It was initially a monastery but was converted into a convent in 1993.
The single-spaced arch-covered catholicon is dedicated to the Taxiarchs and features a gilded wood-carved chancel screen. Also worthy of note is its Altar Stone, dating back to 1622.
Outside the monastery, there is another, more recent church dedicated to the Myrrhbearers.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Neapolis, Mirampelo, Lasithi
- type Monastery
- time period Venetian Period
- relevant routes & paths