Kallergis Monastery was built during the era of Venetian rule. It is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist and it is a glebe of Vidiani Monastery of the Lassithi Plateau.
It was built at the site of an older monastery, with ruins of its cells surviving in the nearby church of Profitis Ilias. The monastery was abandoned during the Ottoman era before being renovated in 1912.
Outside the courtyard of the monastery, there is a recent two-aisled church dedicated to Saint George and Saint Spyridon.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)