This seaside resort has a beautiful beach, just right for relaxing on. As with much of the land around Ierapetra, the locals are much involved with greenhouse cultivation and tourism.
The beach has coarse sand, small pebbles and crystal-clear water; and a few tamarisks. It is well equipped with umbrellas, sunbeds and showers as well as opportunities for water-sports. In the village are rooms to rent, tavernas and some bars.
Going east, we arrive at Ierapetra.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Gra Lygia, Ierapetra, Lasithi
- free camping Yes - in some areas
- nudism No
- beach type Sandy, Thin Pebble
- accommodation Yes - some choices
- dinning Yes - plenty of choices
- other facilities
There are umbrellas, sun beds and showers. The beach is ideal for water sports.
relevant routes & paths:
Distance: 39 km from Agios Nikolaos, 5 km from Ierapetra.
By car/motorcycle: From Ierapetra follow the road to the west. After 5 km you will be at the beach.
By bus: Services run to Gra Lygia from Ierapetra.