Scaleta beach is the last part of the long coastline that runs on east from Rethymno: this section is approximately 10 km from the town. Frequent bus services link the beach and the city.
It has sand and shallow waters, and is organized, but like this whole waterfront is open to the north winds and thus often has waves.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Scaleta, Rethymno, Rethymno
- free camping No
- nudism No
- beach type Sandy
- accommodation Yes - plenty of choices
- dinning Yes - plenty of choices
- other facilities
Umbrellas and Sun beds.
relevant routes & paths:
10 km from Rethymnon, close to the highway of Heraklion - Rethymno (BOAK). Frequent bus services link the beach and the city.