The beach of Tavronitis lies 1 km north of the village of that name. It is 20 km from Chania: near the airport of Maleme where took place one of the most important battles against the German invasion of the island.
The beach is pebbly with clean waters. It is essentially an extension of Kolymbari. As there, so here when the north wind blows, many waves appear.
Here and in the neighbourhood, you will find an organized beach, restaurants and accommodation options.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Tavronitis, Platanias, Chania
- free camping No
- nudism No
- beach type Sandy, Thin Pebble
- accommodation Yes - plenty of choices
- dinning Yes - plenty of choices
- other facilities
Umbrellas, Sun beds
relevant routes & paths:
2km east of Kolymbari. Distance from Chania through the new National road of Chania - Heraklion (BOAK), 23 km.