The beach of Rapaniana is a part of the long beach that starts at Kolymbari and extends for several kilometers towards Chania. It is 4 km from Kolymbari and 20 km from Chania.
The beach of Rapaniana is organized and has a lifeguard. It has both sand and pebbles, because it is open to the winds, it is very often wavy.
Here, and indeed all throughout this section of beachfront, is the breeding-ground for the caretta caretta turtle (loggerhead).
In the village near the beach are catering facilities, accommodation and other amenities.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location Rapaniana, Platanias, Chania
- free camping No
- nudism No
- beach type Sandy, Thin Pebble
- accommodation Yes - plenty of choices
- dinning Yes - plenty of choices
- other facilities
Lifeguard, Umbrellas, Sun beds
relevant routes & paths:
1 km east of Kolymbari. Distance from Chania through the New National road of Chania - Heraklion (BOAK), 24 km.