Chavania beach is on the road to Elounda, about 2.5 km from Agios Nikolaos. This is a fully organized municipal beach, with dedicated parking, canteen food and a lifeguard.
The water is crystal clear and calm; the beach has both sand and pebbles. It is a good local choice for swimming, overlooking the Gulf of Mirabello, because most beaches of Elounda are difficult to access because of the hotels that front them.
- Tips, Suggestions, Iseful info
- History, Culture
- What to do (Activities)
- What to see (Culture, Nature)
- location East Ag. Nikolaos, Mirampelo, Lasithi
- free camping No
- nudism No
- beach type Sandy, Thin Pebble
- accommodation Yes - plenty of choices
- dinning Yes - plenty of choices
- other facilities
Parking, umbrellas and sunbeds, lifeguard.
relevant routes & paths:
3 km from Ag. Nikolaos. Access via the provincial Road of Ag. Nikolaos - Vrouchas - Elounda.