Veneto Boutique Hotel in Rethymno is one of the oldest buildings of the Venetian era in the heart of the old town of Rethymno and a part of a Dominican monastery named Santa Maria Magdalena (14th century AD).
Elements of Venetian, Turkish and Greek architecture bound together through the centuries within a single building. Stone, wood, metal and blown glass decorates this unique hotel with respect to the history and the architecture. Long-lasting, stable materials but so beautifully bound together, as if they never want to separate, reminding us that simple things are usually the most beautiful ones.
Veneto consists of 10 unique rooms, ready to take you to the charm of yesterday and offer you the comforts of today. The six studios and the four suites can accommodate up to 31 persons.
In the common areas of the ground floor of the hotel is located the restaurant, since 1997 and it's regarded as one of the top and famous Rethymno restaurants. Veneto Restaurant organizes events for 100 persons, as well as cooking courses on Cretan cuisine in groups of 8-12 persons and wine tastings.
The alleys around the Hotel, in the Old Town of Rethymno, are full of life during the summertime; wooden balconies and flowers, taverns and restaurants, people walking casually.
Indicative Rates & Details
More about Veneto Boutique Hotel
Veneto is an impressive architectural ensemble.
1) On the 1st floor, there is a suite with a living room with two sofa beds, and a bedroom with a double bed, and a door opening onto a veranda. The sculpted wooden entrance door is from the Venetian era.
2) On the 1st floor, there is also, a suite-maisonette, ideal as a honeymoon suite. With a living room with two sofa beds, and a bedroom on the upper level with a double bed. There are two tall windows with a view of the street. The ensuite bathroom includes a sauna and a shower.
3) On the 2nd floor, there is a suite with a living room with two sofa beds, and a bedroom with a king size bed. The ensuite bathroom includes a sauna and a shower.
4) On the 2nd floor also, formerly an area only for women, there is a suite which is an ideal family apartment, with a living room with two sofa beds, and a bedroom with two single beds. It is a sunny apartment, each room having a window opening onto a large veranda with a view of the courtyard.
1) On the basement, there is the oldest room of the building which is a unique room with a stone arch and notable architectural features, with entry from the courtyard. With a double bed, and an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
2) On the 1st floor, there is a studio with two single beds, a sofa bed, an ensuite bathroom with a shower,three tall windows with a view of the street, and an entrance from the veranda overlooking the entrance.
3) On the 1st floor, formerly the kitchen of the building, a studio has a double bed, an ensuite bathroom with a shower, a window and a private veranda overlooking the courtyard.
4) On the 1st floor, formerly the hammam of the building, a studio has two single beds, a sofabed, an ensuite bathroom with a shower, a window and a private veranda overlooking the courtyard. Also an additional large veranda ideal for relaxing and studying.
5) On the 2nd floor, there is a studio with two single beds, a sofa bed, an ensuite bathroom with a shower, three small windows, a big window with a view of the courtyard,and an entrance from the veranda overlooking the courtyard.
6) On the 2nd floor, also, there is a studio with a double bed, an ensuite bathroom with a shower, two large windows with a view of the castle Fortezza, and an entrance from the veranda overlooking the courtyard.
What they offer
- phone: , +30 6955857178
(*) Please include in your message, Accommodation Name: Veneto Boutique Hotel
How to Move around
Need a Car to move around the island?
Best available rates for car hire!
Need a Taxi or a Private transfer?
What to Do around
Enrich your stay with Unique Experiences & Activities
Need something special, Tailored to your Needs?
Have something in mind or do you want our experts to advise you?
- Drop us a call at +30 6955857178 or message us at email@example.com OR
- Use our Trip Planner Service to design the experience of your choice!
Region: Rethymno, Rethymno
relevant routes: Walk in Rethymnon city
From Heraklion Airport
Leaving the airport, head towards the BOAK / E75, turn right and follow the National Road of Rethymno - Heraklion (75,7 km). As you approach at Rethymnon, you will see a sign for Platanes / Arkadi. Turn right and then slightly left onto Machis Kritis Avenue. After 2,1 km, turn right onto Oplarchigou Pachla Str (you will see a sign for Rethymno) and right again, following: Australon Polemiston Str, Aris Velouchioti Str, Sophocles Venizelos Str and I. Petichaki Str (3,2 km total distance). Continue straight on konstantinos Paleologos Str and after 120 meters, turn slightly left onto Arampatzoglou Str. Then, turn left on Epimenidou Str and at 86 meters, you meet the hotel Veneto. From Chania airport
Leaving the airport, you head to the Provincial Road of Airport - Souda, which you follow for 8,1 km. At the roundabout you come across, take the 2nd exit and enter the Provincial Road of Souda - Korakion for 1,7 km. Continue on Akrotiri Str and after 3,1 km, turn left and drive on Mafridaki Str. After 900m, turn left at Souda Avenue, and after 400 meters, turn slightly right onto Ethnarchou Venizelos Str. Follow on your left Ethnarchou Venizelos / Old National Road of Rethymno - Chania (2.5 km). Continue left on the Highway of Chania - Rethymno / E75 / 90 and take the exit for Rethymnon / Atsipopoulo (45,9 km). At 350 meters, continue on your left in the Old National Road of Rethymno - Chania. Follow the route for 1,2 km and continue to Stamathioudaki Street and Hgoumenou Gabriel (1,7 km). Then, turn left onto Iliakaki Street, right onto Dimakopoulou Str and then, take the first turn on your left onto Nikiforos Fokas Str. After 210 meters, turn left and you meet the hotel Veneto.