An excellent sea kayak trip that gives you the chance to paddle in one of the most amazing coastlines of Crete (Chania, South West Crete).
You need to have some previous experience in sea kayaks and especially to be able to track the kayak in a straight line.
During the trip you will have the chance to improve your skills and practise rescues in warm water.
The scenery of the trip is outstanding. We will visit some beaches that for years been in the top 50 in the world in various travel guides like the Lonely planet and Tripadvisor. Not to be missed!
We are always available to adapt/tailor this tour or design a similar one according to your needs! Do not hesitate to contact us for any request!
- phone: , +30 6955857178
(*) Please include in your message, Activity/Package Name: South Chania Sea kayak (4 days trip)
Prices & Rates (per person/per group)
€550 per person
3-4 bookings: €500 per person
4+ bookings: €450 per person
* 6 or more people can participate, if most of the participants are experienced paddlers (3* and above)
Difficulty Level & Required Equipment
Easy to Medium Difficulty Level in usual conditions.
(*) You need to be able to paddle 15 km per day and know to track the kayak in a straight line. 80 km overall distance.
You need to bring:
- Quick dry shirt (a long sleeve shirt - a lycra rash vest or "rashy" - is ideal)
- Quick dry or neoprene shorts
- Waterproof paddling jacket (i.e. A cag or cagoule)
- Swimming costume
- Sport sandals, water shoes or neoprene shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen (even the winter months)
- Dry bags (many small 5,10,15 or 20lt max)
Additional paddling gear for late and early season expeditions; December to March/April:
- Neoprene or waterproof/warm trousers
- Dry suit if paddling during the February (optional)
- extra base layer
- pogies or gloves
- 4 seasons tent or 3 season waterproof
- sleeping bag for 5-8 oC comfort temperature
- Pair of trainers or walking shoes or sport sandals
- 2 T-shirts or similar
- 1 shorts
- 1 trousers
- 1 thermal top base layer
- 1 fleece or ideally a goose down jacket
- warm hat
- Underwear and sox
- Pak-towel or similar
- Insect repellant
- Toilet paper
- Waterproof camera or camera in a waterproof dry bag
- Stove (we can provide it for a small fee)
- Canisters (4 are enough usually for 8 days)
- Fork, spoon
- Cook set (frying pan, stockpot/kettle, saucepan with lid, detachable handle etc)
Duration/Timetable & Pick up Services
4 days, 3 nights
Every month from April to November.
It is also possible during the winter months Upon Request (contact us for details).
- Ground transportation
- All kayaking equipment & instruction.
- Overnight In tents. Some days might be possible to stay in small apartments only if the trip is taken place in summer months.
- Air or ferry to Heraklion on the island of Crete
- Lunches, drinks and any kind of food
- Personal clothing and accessories
- Baggage and trip cancellation insurance, airport taxes and gratuities.