When not windy an easy paddle which takes place in a wonderful huge sandy beach. When wavy, plenty of surf zone to play!
This is a very relaxing sea kayak trip (when not wavy), long enough for experienced paddlers too and ideal for new paddlers as it can be done shorter if needed.
When is wavy is very challenging for experienced paddlers as shalow water and breaking waves make it really fun! Even with winds and waves is very safe as it takes place in a huge sandy beach.
The length of the beach is around 10 km (one way).
With view to to the main massive of White mountains (many summits above 2000 meters / 6000 ft) and plenty of places to stop for cold drinks or food. The trip depends the wind direction will start either from Petres (near Rethimno) or from Georgioupoli.
It is ideal for people that staying in either Rethimno or Chania and they don't want to drive a lot.
There is bus every hour from both cities going there with the cost to be around 3 euros per person.
We are always available to adapt/tailor this tour or design a similar one according to your needs! Do not hesitate to contact us for any request!
- phone: , +30 6955857178
(*) Please include in your message, Activity/Package Name: Petres - Georgioupoli Seak Kayak trip (1 day)
Prices & Rates (per person/per group)
€90 per person
3-4 bookings: €80 per person
4+ bookings: €70 per person
Difficulty Level & Required Equipment
Easy Difficulty Level (in the usual weather conditions)
(*) 15-20 km total distance
- Drinking water
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen) and food for the whole day
- You can either eat in tavernas or bring your own food. There are places during the paddling distance where we can get drinks and food
Duration/Timetable & Pick up Services
Daily 8:00 am to 3:00/5:00 pm (All day activity).
(*) From Georgioupolis it starts at about 09:30 am
Upon Request (Summer season) - prior communication required
Pick up between 7-8 am from Heraklio or anywhere else near the trip. Of course you can meet us in starting point if you are staying around
- We supply all of your kayak and snorkeling gear.
- We supply dry bags for your personal items (wallet, camera, clothes, towel, and phone), which stay dry in your dry bag stored in your kayak bulkhead compartments while you are kayaking.
- In early summer and late fall, we supply waterproof jackets and rain pants if needed. You may stay completely dry while kayaking.
- Drinking water (at least 1 lt)
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Food expenses