A great sea kayak trip suitable for everyone when the sea is calm but much more demanding when there is wind.
Due to big distance is not recommended for paddlers with no experience. If you are a group of 4 and wish to do this trip but have no experience it is still suitable as we can break down the distance to be shorter. Just get in touch with us.
During the trip we will visit Lissos.
Lissos was an important city of Crete dating between the 4th century BC until the 7th to 9th century AD, when abandoned after its destruction by a powerful earthquake that struck the island. The period of its acme, during the Hellenistic Times (330-69 BC) and until the 5th century AD, was a worship center to the goddess Diktinna. In Hellenistic times, the water of lissos considered thermal (it flows yet), and was the reason to be built here a healing temple of Asclepius (god of Health) which acquired great fame and people flocked to be cured, coming even beyond the Greek territory.
Today in Lissos, on the temple of Asklepius, the mosaic floor which was added to the Roman period (69 BC - 330 AD) is partially preserved, and around it are scattered various architectural remains of the temple.
Note: Due to big distance from our premises (almost 4 hours driving just to get there) the trip is not scheduled without 4 bookings.
We are always available to adapt/tailor this tour or design a similar one according to your needs! Do not hesitate to contact us for any request!
- phone: , +30 6955857178
(*) Please include in your message, Activity/Package Name: Paleochora - Lissos Seak Kayak trip (1 day)
Prices & Rates (per person/per group)
€120 per person
3-4 bookings: €100 per person
4+ bookings: €90 per person
Difficulty Level & Required Equipment
Moderate Difficulty Level (in the usual weather conditions)
(*) 22 km paddling distance
- Drinking water
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen) and
- Food for the whole day. There are no tavernas during the trip thus you need to have enough food and water for the day.
- The whole trip take place in a very remote area.
Duration/Timetable & Pick up Services
Daily 8:00 am to 4:00/6:00 pm (All day activity)
Upon Request (Summer season) - prior communication required
Pick up between 7-8 am from Heraklio or anywhere else near the trip. Of course you can meet us in Paleochora
- We supply all of your kayak and snorkeling gear.
- We supply dry bags for your personal items (wallet, camera, clothes, towel, and phone), which stay dry in your dry bag stored in your kayak bulkhead compartments while you are kayaking.
- In early summer and late fall, we supply waterproof jackets and rain pants if needed. You may stay completely dry while kayaking.
- Drinking water (at least 1 lt)
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Food expenses