Easy trekking in paths of geological interest (fault of Plakias, Sellia etc.) in gorges and other sites of interest in the South Rethimnon & swimming in the famous beach of Preveli with the 2nd most extended palm-tree of Crete.
Hiking-Geological, guided by a Geologist
The one day trip to Plakias offers the visitor the opportunity to meet the imprints of the Earth processes that created Crete!
Such processes include deep and steeped cliff gorges, elevated old coastlines and other similar coastal formations, fresh vertical breathtaking tall fault walls and sea elevated rocks and other tectonic landforms, not to mention the unique metamorphic rocks of Sellia and Preveli.
Comprising both a road trip and short but impressive seaside trek walks this journey combines the scientific knowledge with recreation.
It includes swimming at one of the most renowned beaches of Crete, beach Preveli, as well as dinning in the traditional Cretan way!
- type: Hiking, Guided Trips/Tours
- activities: Hiking,Geology
- tags: Cretan beaches, Geology, Nature
- duration: 1 days
- on request: Yes, No
- location: Plakias region, South coast of Rethymno, Rethymno
9-12 persons: €85
6-8 persons: €110
3-5 persons: €120
2 persons: €160
1 person: €280
Level of difficulty / Risk factor: 1A – M**
Shoes for trekking / Trekking poles / Sun-screen oil, hat, sunglasses / Windproof jacket / Small rucksack
10:00 - 18:00 (one day activity)
Presentation of Trip's theme
- Specialist: Geologist
- A manual in English for each traveler (with references, texts, photos, maps etc)
- Extra Guide (for more than 5 people)
- Translator (upon request)
- Beverage (Water)
- Transfer to the starting point of the trips & return
- Transportation to the sites of the trip
- Personal Insurance
- Rucksack (upon request)
- Personal expenses, tips, visa’s cost, taxes