This biking tour begins from the plateau of Nida, one of the largest in Crete, located at an altitude of 1472 meters, in the heart of Psiloritis Mountain.
We will ride around the plateau, to admire the wonderful landscape.
Also there, we will meet small stone buildings, where the shepherds used to make their delicious cheese (they still do).
The “Mitata”, as they are called, are of particular architectural importance, because they are built with stone walls. Also, the temperature inside them remains almost steady, all year round.
We also visit the cave of Ideon Andron, where according to legend, Zeus was raised.
Our next stop is the church of Saint Yakinthos, the patron saint of lovers ! Enjoy the magnificent downhill route to Anogia.
The area has a special interest from the aspect of the natural environment. It offers a large variety of landscapes, interesting natural formations, rare fauna and flora.
(*) We are able and always at your disposal, to design together routes that will meet any experience of your dreams. This route can be tailored upon request to fit your needs!
- type Biking
- activities: Cycling (lifestyle)
- tags: Nida Plateau, Zeus, Psiloritis Mountain, Mitata, Geology, Nature
- duration: 1 days
- on request: Yes, No
- location: Nida Plateau & Anogia region, Psiloritis mountain, Rethymno, Heraklio
* 2-4 participants: €115 per person, 5-8 participants: €99 per person, 9-20 participants: lower prices as number of people increases, communicate with us for more details
* This is an all inclusive package. Check included services for details
Easy tours allow you to experience a new activity and culture in a relaxed environment. If you are after a peaceful holiday with a light introductory focus on one or more activities an easy tour is a great option. Routes chosen will be easy and often ridden entirely at your own pace. This biking is suitable for most families.
Fitness required: An average level of fitness is required.
1 day tour
On Summer season (June - September): Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday
Upon Request (All year round) - prior communication required
- Wilier mountain bike & helmet
- Tour guide(s)
- Transfer from / to HERAKLION
- Drinking water while riding
- A support vehicle with all equipment follow the team during the tour
(*) Meals included:
- Personal expenses and drinks
- Entrance fees to Museums and other sites
Your safety is our partner's priority. However, all adventure tourism involving road cycling, mountain biking s inherent risks, dangers and hazards. While we will ensure your trip is as safe as possible, not all risks, dangers and hazards can be anticipated or avoided.
We ask you to carefully read and fully understand the "Terms and Conditions" and "Customer Declaration" section on your tour booking form. Your signed consent to these terms is required to complete your reservation.
Multiday trips only: A deposit of 20% of the tour price is required for us to reserve your place on your tour. On receipt of your deposit, we will email you a confirmation letter to verify your travel arrangements and advise final payment details.
Booking forms - Customer Declaration
Our partner requires all tour participants to complete a booking form in full. Failure to provide full details of your travel plans may result in miscommunications of your exact travel specifications. Also customers must complete a Customer Declaration form in order to accept the terms of the tour.
Multiday trips only: The balance for all our partner tours must be paid no later than 20 days prior to tour departure.
Inclusions and Exclusions
All tours have some basic inclusions and exclusions. There can be some changes in order the booking suits your needs better.
Tour cancellation policy
Multiday trips only: All tour cancellations will require notification in writing to our partner reservations by the person participating on the tour in case unforeseen circumstances force you to cancel your tour.
- Cancellations received 60 days or greater prior to tour departure will result no loss of the tour deposit.
- Cancellations received between 60-30 days prior to tour departure will result in full loss of tour deposit per person.
- Cancellations received between 30–20 days prior to tour departure will result in a 50 loss of the full tour price per person.
- Cancellations received less than 10 days prior to tour departure will result in 100 loss of full tour cost per person.
Our partner will in most circumstances allow the transfer of the deposit or tour payment to another tour departure (subject to availability).
Our partner does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or services not used.
Our partner reserves the right to modify tour itineraries in situations such as adverse weather, or to better suit client requirements. Our partner shall not be held responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of public transport, schedule changes, strikes, vehicle breakdown, Acts of God, or other conditions beyond our control.
As a traveler you have the responsibility to a trip appropriated to your interests and ability. Our partner guides reserve the right to reject any participant from a tour for reasons of inability or behavior endangering the safety and the welfare of him/herself or others, without this being a reason for refund. By making the deposit payment you are deemed to have accepted our partner Terms and Conditions.