A trip through Dionysos' "juices" (musts), in time and place… a trip for wine tasting and acquaintance with the Cretan "terroir" in the most famous wine-area of Crete.
How many secrets are in reality hidden in the grape and in the cultivation of the vine?
A glass of wine includes the aroma of the florescence of the vine and the herbs which grow on its border, the taste of the ripen grape that the picker tastes before throwing it in the bucket, the sound of the viticulturer’s steps and the pickers’ laughs, the touch on the shoots which is either soft or violent, the sight which is lost in the extended green (canopy) and calms the spirit.
The wine is a result of senses but is as well enjoyed with them. Each of the senses has its own role, the sight corresponds to the colour, the smell to the aromas, the taste to the flavours, the touch to the mouth feel, but what about the hearing?
In the ‘secret aromas of wine’, is hidden the term of ‘terroir’, which corresponds to the soil, climate, cultivation and personality factors, that make a wine unique, means with identity.
The indigenous Cretan grape varieties are well incorporated, since centuries, in the natural environment of the island and express the richness (in flavours) of the land which had nourished them.
Those are the elements to be discovered by our travelers, at this eight hours trip, in the heart of the viticultural area of Heraklion.
- phone: , +30 6955857178
(*) Please include in your message, Activity/Package Name: Grape: The secret aromas of Cretan wines
Prices & Rates (per person/per group)
9-12 persons: €155
6-8 persons: €185
4-5 persons: €230
2-3 persons: €360
Difficulty Level & Required Equipment
Duration/Timetable & Pick up Services
- Cooking lessons with local cooks in a traditional tavern and lunch
Upon request: (May - October) A trip can be also organized on request with at least 4 days’ notice.
Presentation of Trip's theme
- Guiding by a Specialist Enologist (English and French speaker)
- A manual in English for each traveler (with references, texts, photos, maps etc)
- Tasting room
- Cooking lessons
- Extra guide for the next day (English or French speaker)
- A Cook for the cooking lesson on 2nd day
Food / Accommodation
- 1 Breakfast
- 2 branches
- 2 meals
- Sleep in double room on 3* hotels or traditional apts. with 3* facilities
- Personal Insurance
- Entrance fees to museums and organized archaeological sites
- Beverage (soft drinks)
- Transfer from/to Crete
- Transfer to the starting point of the trips & return
- Transportation to the sites of the trip
- Tours to organised archaeological sites
- Personal expenses, tips, visa’s cost, taxes
- Rucksack, trekking poles
- Whatever is not mentioned above