This mountain biking route begins from the idyllic village of Fodele, which extends in a verdant oasis full of orange and lemon groves, colourful flowers and breathtaking landscape.
Further up our tour the changes of scenery excite us!! We mount and arrive at the village of Marathos. A break for relaxation, coffee and a change to taste the delicious traditional desserts of the village.
We feel the uniqueness of unexplored Crete following the rural road towards Fodele, where we meet the Agios Panteleimon monastery situated in a wonderful, wild forest.
During the whole journey we are surrounded by the beautiful green nature including plane trees and all other types of trees and accompanied by the Marathianos river situated nearby and flowing into Fodele.
Our tour ends at the house of famous Cretan artist, El Greco, that operates as a museum with copies of his works. Near the house , it is worth visiting the very old church of Virgin Mary, which is considered to have inspired the great artist.
Lunch in a traditional Tavern and road back to Heraklion.
(*) We are able and always at your disposal, to design together routes that will meet any experience of your dreams. This route can be tailored upon request to fit your needs!
- type: Biking
- activities: Mountain Biking
- tags: El Greco, Cretan Monasteries & churches, Cretan hinterland, Nature
- duration: 1 days
- on request: Yes
- location: Fodele village, Malevizi region, Heraklio
* 2-4 participants: €100 per person, 5-8 participants: €85 per person, 9-20 participants: lower prices as number of people increases, communicate with us for more details
* This is an all inclusive package. Check included services for details
Moderate to Challenging Tour
Moderate to Challenging tours are designed for the more experienced participant wishing to push themselves and experience new highs of achievement. Routes may longer climbs and more technical skills.
Fitness required: A good level of fitness is required.
Distance: 25 km
Min. elevation: 32 m
Max elevation: 479 m
Elevation ascent: 555 m
Elevation descent: 547 m
All day activity (Lunch included)
Upon Request (All year round) - prior communication required
- Wilier mountain bike & helmet
- Tour guide(s)
- Transfer from / to HERAKLION
- Drinking water while riding
- A support vehicle with all equipment follow the team during the tour
- Personal expenses and drinks
- Entrance fees to Museums and other sites
Your safety is our partner's priority. However, all adventure tourism involving road cycling, mountain biking s inherent risks, dangers and hazards. While we will ensure your trip is as safe as possible, not all risks, dangers and hazards can be anticipated or avoided.
We ask you to carefully read and fully understand the "Terms and Conditions". Your signed consent to these terms is required to complete your reservation.
Multiday trips only: A deposit of 20% of the tour price is required for us to reserve your place on your tour. On receipt of your deposit, we will email you a confirmation letter to verify your travel arrangements and advise final payment details.
Booking forms - Customer Declaration
Our partner requires all tour participants to complete a booking form in full. Failure to provide full details of your travel plans may result in miscommunications of your exact travel specifications. Also customers must complete a Customer Declaration form in order to accept the terms of the tour.
Multiday trips only: The balance for all our partner tours must be paid no later than 20 days prior to tour departure.
Inclusions and Exclusions
All tours have some basic inclusions and exclusions. There can be some changes in order the booking suits your needs better.
Tour cancellation policy
Multiday trips only: All tour cancellations will require notification in writing to our partner reservations by the person participating on the tour in case unforeseen circumstances force you to cancel your tour.
- Cancellations received 60 days or greater prior to tour departure will result no loss of the tour deposit.
- Cancellations received between 60-30 days prior to tour departure will result in full loss of tour deposit per person.
- Cancellations received between 30–20 days prior to tour departure will result in a 50 loss of the full tour price per person.
- Cancellations received less than 10 days prior to tour departure will result in 100 loss of full tour cost per person.
Our partner will in most circumstances allow the transfer of the deposit or tour payment to another tour departure (subject to availability).
Our partner does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or services not used.
Our partner reserves the right to modify tour itineraries in situations such as adverse weather, or to better suit client requirements. Our partner shall not be held responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of public transport, schedule changes, strikes, vehicle breakdown, Acts of God, or other conditions beyond our control.
As a traveler you have the responsibility to a trip appropriated to your interests and ability. Our partner guides reserve the right to reject any participant from a tour for reasons of inability or behavior endangering the safety and the welfare of him/herself or others, without this being a reason for refund. By making the deposit payment you are deemed to have accepted our partner Terms and Conditions.